Wednesday, January 18, 2006

"Public news has taken a break from it's pledge drive to kick some ass... No commercials, NO MERCY!" - Tim Robbins

Well today was an interesting day... I got up at noon because I didn't have to work today (had to take my dad to Baylor Med in Dallas). He had a second spinal surgery and this time he can't believe all that he can feel. He has stenosis so he can pinch nerves and almost paralyze himself just by moving. This opened the column and also they put some type of stuff in the small vertabre so that the nerves never moved and he wouldn't ever have problems again. Hell they told him in 6-8 months he would be able to play golf every weekend. He hasn't been able to play since he pinched it so bad he dropped to the ground and lost all feeling below his waist for a bit. Other than the emense pain he seems to be thrilled with the results.

So the day started out terrific and strangely enough the car ride was actually entertaining as hell. I took part in what I call my father's Fire Side Chats, but he also managed to throw in some good stuff. By far my favorite one was when he was talking about some Dutch dude that worked for him at Hill's back in the day. This guy was supposed to have a new pricing plan so they could submit it to their guys the day after my Dad arrived. He told him that "I could have done it before you got her, but I figured we should do it as a team instead of worrying about what you thought of what I did." My dad hides anger very well, but apparently he told the guy something along the line of "Excuse me? You are what I call a foot soldier, you are not supposed to worry about the bullets wizzing by your head, the only time you need to worry is when you don't hear the f*****g wizzing. Now get your ass up and take that hill or I'll find someone who will take it and leave your ass along the trail." I dont' think I've ever laughed so damn hard in my life at something my father told me.

Next came our discussion of some of his retired friends claiming that they should all get work as Wal-Mart greeters due to their "people" skills. This has been an ongoing joke for a few years and my dad loves to add reasons why he would be fired the first day. His favorite one is if he saw a woman/man who was way way way beyond overweight he would tell them "weight loss products are in the back" before they could say anything to him... claims it would get him canned that very instant. I couldn't help, but laugh.

I went in to work at about 8pm when I got back because I did have somethings I needed to do. I needed to get a ton of footage for Marisa so that she can submit her commentary and etc stuff from volleyball season to ESPN (they seem to love her and said she has a great chance of getting the job... so that's great for her). We also have a basketball game tomorrow so I had to do some stuff for that too. I got home at about 2am and now I'm writing in this thing because I told myself I can't put the huge gap (about 3 months) between posts like last time. Well my ass is off to bed.

Word mofo's... word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home